This table lists the most recent releases of TexJDBC 0.9.
Select the Number in the Version column for Release Notes.
0.9.8 - 17 August 2012
- Support for connecting to the Texpress server via named pipes has been added. A new connection URL of
jdbc:texpress:fifo specifies a named pipe based connection. The
fifoDir connection property is used to define the directory on which the Texpress server's named pipes exist.
- The error message Server error: User "...." is not registered to access server may appear when establishing a connection to the Texpress server. The user name printed will consist of an arbitrary sequence of characters. The correct user name is now transmitted to the Texpress server.
- For SSL certificate based connections the host name verification for X509 Certificates now conforms to RFC 6125.
0.9.7 - 30 June 2011
- Support added for
PreparedStatement class. The Texpress server does not support prepared statements requiring support to be added to the driver only. The statement is prepared in the driver and when executed, it is sent to the server.
- Changed driver to return a
BigDecimal object for float columns in Texpress when the
getObject() call is invoked. The change allows any number to be represented fully without any rounding errors.
- Extended the driver connection string to provide full URL based connection information. The format of the connection strings for a socket based connection is:
The username and password are optional.
0.9.6 - 13 January 2011
- A new method has been added to the
TexFileSystem class that allows a file to be retrieved from the server and the contents returned as a byte array. The function signature is
public byte  receiveFile(final String remoteFile) throws SQLException.
0.9.5 - 26 October 2010
TexFileSystem class is now public, allowing the
getFileSystemInstance() extension method in
TexConnection to be accessible.