Client: Installing Vitalware Client
Vitalware 2.0 Install/Upgrade Notes
The Vitalware client runs on Windows NT, 2000, XP or 2003.
The Vitalware licensing model permits the Vitalware client to be installed on an unlimited number of PCs.
If an older Vitalware client is currently installed on the PC it is recommended that you first remove the old Vitalware client before you install the new one.
Remove old Vitalware Client
- Log in as a user with Administrator privileges.
- From on the Start menu select Settings>Control Panel to display the Control Panel window.
- Select Add/Remove Programs and from the pull down menus choose File>Open.
- The Add/Remove Program Properties dialog will appear.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab select KE Vitalware and then click Add/Remove.
- The uninstall program will commence.
Follow the prompts to remove KE Vitalware.
You may be prompted to confirm the removal of various system files (typically files ending in .dll). If are unsure whether it is safe to remove a system file click No. It is safe to confirm the removal of any file under the Vitalware installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\KESoftware\Vitalware).
- Upon return to the Add/Remove Program Properties dialog click OK to close this dialog.
- Select File>Close to close the Control Panel window.
Install Vitalware Client
- You must log in as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Start your web browser and right click on the KE Vitalware hyperlink above.
- Browse the KE Vitalware Release Site.
Right click on the hyperlink for the release you require (select the Client column).
- Select Save Target As... (Internet Explorer) or Save Link As... (Netscape). Browse to a temporary area (eg. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP) and save the file.
- Select Run... from on the Start menu. The Run dialog box will appear.
- Click Browse... and the Browse dialog box will appear. Navigate to where you stored the Vitalware Client setup file (for example C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\vw-clientname-2-0-01-yymmddv.exe). Select the file and click Open.
- Click OK. The Vitalware client installation program will run.
- The Welcome dialog will appear. Click Next >.
- The Licence Agreement dialog will appear.
Read the licence and if you accept the terms and conditions click Yes >.
- The Choose Destination Location dialog will appear.
If you are intend to perform a Network Server installation (see below) then Browse to the appropriate network drive and folder. For Network Client and Standalone installations (see below) the default location is recommended.
Choose the destination location and click Next >.
- The Select Components dialog will appear.
A Network Server/Network Client installation will allow sharing of most Vitalware client files. The Network Server must first be installed on a network drive. Each PC should then have the Network Client installed and when asked reference the previously installed Network Server. Subsequent installations of KE Vitalware need only update the Network Server component. This is the recommended style of set-up for medium to large institutions.
If your PC does not have access to a suitable network file server then you should perform a Standalone installation. For this style of installation a subsequent Vitalware client upgrade will require the client to be re-installed on the PC.
Select the required option and click Next >.
- Network Client only
The Select KE Vitalware Network Server Folder dialog will appear. Click Browse
The Select Network Folder dialog will appear. Browse to the network drive and folder and then click OK.
Click Next >.
- The Start Installation dialog will appear. Click Next > to install the Vitalware Client.
- The Installing dialog will appear indicating how far the installation has proceeded.
- After the installation has finished the Installation Complete dialog will appear. Click Finish >.
Last Updated on Monday, 15 March 2010 20:43