UNIX: Installing Texpress
Vitalware 1.0 Install/Upgrade Notes
Texpress is the object oriented database engine used by Vitalware for data management. It provides extremely high speed retrieval, while providing flexible data structures which simplify the overall data module employed by Vitalware.
The instructions below outline how to setup Texpress for use with Vitalware. They do not detail a full installation of Texpress on Unix. Please see the relevant Texpress documentation for instructions on performing a complete installation.
In the notes below ~vw is used to refer to the user vw's home directory. This is typically /home/vw.
Installation Notes (Texpress)
- Log in as vw.
- Enter mkdir -p texpress/8.0/install
- Enter cd texpress/8.0/install
- Obtain the appropriate Texpress version for your Unix machine via the KE Texpress hyperlink above. Save the release in ~vw/texpress/8.0/install calling it texpress.sh.
- Enter sh texpress.sh
The Texpress release will be extracted.
- Enter . ./.profile
- Enter bin/texinstall ~vw/texpress/8.0 (expand the ~vw)
The Texpress installation script will commence.
- Enter cd ~vw/texpress/8.0
- Enter . ./.profile
- Enter texbldperms
- Enter vi etc/opts
- Review the options in the file and change as appropriate. In particular the dateorder and dateformat should be modified to reflect local settings. Save the file after making changes.
- Enter bin/texlicinfo. Obtain your Texpress licence code and place it in a file called .licence.
- Enter bin/texlicset < .licence to install the licence.
- Enter \rm -fr install
- Stayed logged in as vw for the KE TexAPI installation.
Installation Notes (TexAPI)
- Assumes you are logged in as vw.
- Enter cd ~vw/texpress
- Obtain the appropriate TexAPI version for your Unix machine via the KE TexAPI hyperlink above. Save the release in ~vw/texpress calling it texapi.sh.
- Enter sh texapi.sh -i ~vw/texpress/texapi (expand the ~vw).
- Enter rm -f texapi.sh
- Enter exit to close the command shell.
- Log out.
Last Updated on Monday, 15 March 2010 21:01